Some installation issues with EPMF

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Hi everyone.

I would like to set up EPMF and have gone through the installation document. Monitoring is not yet working but I think that I'm close.

Here is the error that I see when I launch the dashboard report:

An error occurred during client rendering.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Query execution failed for dataset 'ReportHistoryFull'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

Incorrect syntax near ')'. Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'OR'.

Here are the steps that might be the cause of my problem:

When I launch the setup script in SSMS, it seems to be creating the MDW database but generates the following errors:

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'IX_PolicyHistoryView' has maximum length of 1330 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'IX_EvaluatedServer' has maximum length of 1032 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

(0 row(s) affected)

Are eather of these warnings causing a problem?

The installation steps document lists the history database for the powershell script as MDW6, does that actually need to be another database or should it match MDW that I created in the above step?

Which policies from the Microsoft Best Practices should I be importing? I would like to see things such as are reported in the screenshot on the http://epmframework.codeplex.com/, page.

Thanks much. I hope that my issues can be resolved by finding where I ran into problems. This tool looks absolutely wonderful.

Feb 21, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I thought that this server had been patched but it was missing SP1 and the cumulative update.  Seems to be working now.

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Hello phxhoward.  I am happy to hear all is working now.  Have fun with it!