Setting up EPM framework the history views are not getting data PLEASE HELP

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Im on step 5 test the Powershell Script on the instructions download.  I run the following command based on the instrucitons and it says it executes.
SL "C:\Users\Desktop\EPM\EPM_EnterpriseEvaluation_3.0.0”
.\EPM_EnterpriseEvaluation_3.0.0.ps1 -ConfigurationGroup "" -PolicyCategoryFilter "" –EvalMode “Check”

I than run step d)  which is
SELECT * FROM policy.v_PolicyHistory
GO
SELECT * FROM policy.v_EvaluationErrorHistory
GO

But both are blank...... What did I do wrong?  Please help

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I had the exact same problem.  The select statement you used (as provided in the documentation) references views that join some tables together.  Unfortunately, if one of the underlying tables is missing some data the views make it appear as if there is no data at all.  Instead of referencing the views, try examining the tables directly via the following queries:

select * from policy.EvaluationErrorHistory
select * from policy.PolicyHistory
select * from policy.PolicyHistoryDetail

Ken

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2011 at 1:51 AM
oweston12 wrote:

Im on step 5 test the Powershell Script on the instructions download.  I run the following command based on the instrucitons and it says it executes.
SL "C:\Users\Desktop\EPM\EPM_EnterpriseEvaluation_3.0.0”
.\EPM_EnterpriseEvaluation_3.0.0.ps1 -ConfigurationGroup "" -PolicyCategoryFilter "" –EvalMode “Check”

I than run step d)  which is
SELECT * FROM policy.v_PolicyHistory
GO
SELECT * FROM policy.v_EvaluationErrorHistory
GO

But both are blank...... What did I do wrong?  Please help

Did you modify the EPM_EnterpriseEvaluation_3.0.0.ps1 file to point to your MDW database? You need to modify the connection values to point to your own instance/database.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Yes I modified my code to point to the right spot

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2011 at 3:43 PM

How do you have your groupings set up in CMS? Also worth noting that the PowerShell script should be pointing to your CMS.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I unistalled my sql server and reinstalled everything and it seems to work now.  I read throug the article at http://epmframework.codeplex.com/releases/view/28621 documentation for the install.  Is there any other training or consulting that is done with this product?  Is this product going to continue to support 2012?  How often do new releases come out?

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 12:41 AM

There's no official support from Microsoft as its a community project on Codeplex. Since its a framework you can take this and modify it to your own liking. I'll be doing a webinar on EPM Framework (hopefully in January, barring I can find time) as well as I'm planning on doing a series of videos on Youtube walking through the various steps of EPMF to help folks get it installed and configured. Hope this helps!

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I understand and thank you for your support and quick responses so far.  Please include me if you have a webinar and I will look out for your YouTube videos.  Is there a way to contact people from codeplex more on an individual basis rather than these forms for questions or help?

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 1:26 AM

You're very welcome! For each project you can click on the People tab for that project and you can see the project team members. Clicking on a person's name will take you to their profile page which has a link underneath their icon that says Contact xxx. Once I schedule the webinar/post the vids I'll start a new thread on here (and maybe they'll add links to the Documentation page of this project). I'll also add link to this thread so you get email notification on it, if you have that enabled. I'm also happy to answer any PBM questions you have. You can reach me at jorge@sqlchicken.com or find me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/sqlchicken